Travelling - AURUS/CWT


A trip may be funded by the department, a project or reimbursed by your host.

You need to sign the form and leave it in the pigeonhole of Birgitte Hellstern or Ulla Salomonsen along with the relevant documents explaining your reasons for travelling. Your application will be returned to your pigeonhole as soon as it has been processed. Please note that PhD students must obtain the signature of their supervisor before handing in the form.

You cannot commit to any expenses before you have applied and obtained approval (unless you choose to do so at your own risk).
The form is mandatory for all travel activities and your travel settlement will not be accepted without this form duly completed. This applies regardless of the type of funding.


AU's travel agency is Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT). It is mandatory to use CWT as your travel agency when ordering plane tickets paid by AU funds or AU administered funds when you are ordering tickets for yourself and if you order for others – also people who are not employed by AU.

However, it is also allowed to buy plane tickets directly from the airlines' websites. But NOT through search engines, other travel agencies or the like.

Please note that failing to follow these rules may cause rejection of your travel claim.

New employees will receive an e-mail from the AURUS/CWT team explaining how to activate your profile in the CWT travel portal.
You can book online via the CWT travel portal or by e-mail: or phone 3363 7744.
In the CWT travel portal, it is also possible to check-in and to see your itinerary and information on travels. The portal also has links to AU’s travel policy and AU’s procedures for travel.

When you stay at a hotel in Denmark in connection with your work at AU, you must either book hotels included in AU’s hotel agreement or the Agency for the Modernisation of Public Administration hotel agreement. 


All travel accounts and/or credit card transactions must be settled no later than two months after the purchase.

You are expected to do this yourself, but if you need help you can book a meeting with Birgitte Hellstern or Ulla Salomonsen in Outlook.

Please note that AU will only cover the costs of transport to and from airports.
Local transportation at your destination should be covered by your daily allowances unless you have a valid explanation.


For trips more that 24 hours use "Travel claim". For trips less than 24 hours and expenses needed to be settled prior to the actual trip use "Expense claim".

If you have forgotten your AURUS password please send an email to


Travel Insurance

When travelling on official business you need to have an insurance card issued by AU to make sure that you are insured when going on trips abroad.

You need to pick up your insurance card in person, so please bring the signed form to Birgitte Hellstern who will handle the formalities for you.

Please make sure that you fill in the form well in advance of your trip in order to avoid time problems getting it signed. The insurance card has no expiry date which means you will be covered while employed at AU once you have the card.

Please note that the card may only be used when AU, as represented by the head of department, has authorised the travel in advance, and the card must not be used for private travel; that is, if you, for example, extend your stay abroad with a few extra days of holiday at your own expense, you must take out private travel insurance to cover the extended stay and travel time. This is very important since you will not be covered by AU insurance on your private travelling days.

18361 / i32